Mr. John Gong was hired as honorary deputy editor of “Development of national-- 12th Five-Year documentary reports” by the Macroeconomic Management editorial department of the National Development and Reform Commission.
“Macroeconomic Management”, the magazine of China National Development and Reform Commission, was published by Ping Song (the former director of the State Planning Commission) since 1985. It focus on planned economy to a socialist market economy, commission persists in deepening reform, subscribing to new ideas, transforming functions and giving full play to the fundamental role of the market in allocating resources. Also it offers lessons for other centrally planned economies in the midst of transition to free markets.
Mr. John Gong was introduced as the cover person in both “China’s foreign Trade” and "China Economic & Trade Herald" for several times. His struggle history will also be edited in “Macroeconomic Management “at the end of 2012. Mr. John Gong believes that "we can give up everything except our goals; there is no shortcut to success. The necessary prerequisite for success is hard working and diligence.”
The coming issue of “Macroeconomic Management” will also include 12th Five-Year Plan and other Entrepreneurs’ stories and contributions.
Key targets of 12th five-year plan include strengthen agriculture, bringing more benefits to farmers and speeding up the building of a new socialist countryside;
- 1. Propel economic development to a new level.
- 2. Accelerate changes to the pattern of economic development and restructuring.
- 3. Work hard to develop social projects.
- 4. Effectively conserve resources, protect the environment and actively respond to climate change.
- 5. Comprehensively improve the people's well-being.
- 6. Deepen reform and opening up.
- 7. Strengthen the government's internal reforms.
- 8. Promote vigorous development and prosperity of culture through inheritance and innovations.
- 9. Tackle difficulties facing reform and to improve the socialist market economic system;
- 10. Seek mutual benefits and win-win cooperation and improve the work of opening-up to the outside world;
- 11. Promote democracy and socialist political culture;
- 12. Build a greater Chinese family through deepening cooperation between different ethnic groups.
- 13. Promote integrated military and civilian development and to enhance the modernization of the country's national defense and armed forces.